fbpx

Darts player Ted Hankey charged with sex assault

He is accused over an incident in Cheshire last September.

31 March 2022

Former world darts champion Ted Hankey has been charged with sexual assault.

A Cheshire Police spokesman said the 54-year-old has been charged in relation to an incident in Cheshire in September last year.

A police spokesman said: “The Crown Prosecution Service has authorised Cheshire Constabulary to charge Edward Hankey with the sexual assault of a woman.

“The CPS made the decision to charge the 54-year-old after reviewing a file of evidence from Cheshire Constabulary.”

The former professional darts player, of Wendover Grove, Berry Hill, Stoke-on-Trent, has been released on bail and will appear at Warrington Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, police said.

Hankey, whose nickname is The Count, is a two-time World Professional Darts champion.

He first qualified for the BDO World Championship in 1998 and went on to win in 2000 and 2009.

In December last year it was announced Hankey was withdrawing from the World Seniors Darts Championship, held in February.

More from Perspective

Get a free copy of our print edition

News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed

Your email address will not be published. The views expressed in the comments below are not those of Perspective. We encourage healthy debate, but racist, misogynistic, homophobic and other types of hateful comments will not be published.